Sunday, March 14, 2010

REVIEW: Lush Herbalism Cleanser

I've been using Herbalism Cleanser for about 4 months so far, so I feel like I can give an accurate review on it. 
What Lush cleansers are are solid preservative-free, soap-free face cleansers that remove excess oils and/or moisturize your skin. Lush has 7 different kinds of solid cleansers to suit a variety of skin types. 
I chose Herbalism because my skin is oily-combination where my forehead, and cheeks are oily and my nose area gets dry. So I wanted a cleanser that would prevent acne breakouts but without drying out my skin. I don't get a lot of zits, just one or two a month.


To use this kind of cleanser you take a little bit in you hand (like the amount below) and you add a few drops of water to it to mix it into a paste. Then apply it onto your face that way. Don't add water to the container or that will make having a solid cleanser pointless because bacteria will grow in it. 
Verdict: I really love this cleanser!! Within a few days I started noticing a difference in my skin, less zits, less redness and irritation (the other cleansers I was using were too harsh). And it really feels nice on the skin.. there no soap or foaming action but your skin still feels clean afterwards. I like that there is a gentle exfoliant texture to it but it's not too rough. It takes away excess oil but leave skin soft with the natural plant oils in it. Also, I've been really into using more natural cosmetic and skin care products and trying to stay away from all the nasty preservatives and chemicals in regular stuff. Just check out http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/  and you'll be amazed at the dangerous stuff in things we put on our skin. Anyways, I'll save the speech for another post haha... 
So, I would purchase Herbalism again.. or I might want to try more of Lush's cleansers!

Ingredients: 
  • Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis),
  •  
  • Kaolin,
  •  
  • Glycerine,
  • Chlorophyllin Water (Aqua),
  •  
  • Nettle, Rosemary, Rice Vinegar Extract (Urtica dioica, Rosmarinus officinalis),
  •  
  • Rice Bran (Oryza sativa),
  •  
  • Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides),
  •  
  • Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia),
  •  
  • Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis),
  • Sage Oil (Salvia sclarea),
  •  
  • Perfume.

4 comments:

Elle said...

I've tried a Lush cleanser before and found the smell a tad strange :S Do you have this problem? It's a shame because I completely agree with using natural products! Its so hard though to find things minus the chemicals. Oh well, I do happen to love Burt's Bees! :)

xx greyskysunshine.blogspot.com

marisa said...

I actually like the smell... lol but it's not a super strong scent either. kinda like vegetable/herb garden smell :)

Shop T.O. Live said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

I've always been really hesitant to try Lush products, and the cleansers always look a bit rough. But that was a great review ...I may give them a chance.

Chloe said...

I think I may just try one of these out.