Friday, June 4, 2010

Polka Dot Dress Makeover

Yay! so I finished altering my dress and I really like how it turned out. I didn't have to put in a zipper like I originally thought. The fabric has more stretch than I thought. A picture of the original dress is in my Value Village Haul post.


So basically I cut off the straps, put in those boob forms in the top to give it some structure, changed the neckline, and took it in on the side seams.

LOL I'm not the greatest at sewing so I made a lot of lines with the fabric chalk and went over my stitches a few times until it was the way I liked. 

I opened up the top and stuck in the foam thing and then did a messy yet effective slip stitch so that it's now a sweetheart style neckline.

I'm glad it turned out and I'm excited to style an outfit around it :)

take care,